Friday, September 7, 2012

Bruises, Bloating, and swelling-oh my!

(TMI WARNING!!!!! TMI WARNING!!!!)

Taking Lupron really wasn't that bad.  I mean, it made me a little crazy, but I felt that I could still function.  But the Fostimon and Merional combo is a completely different story. Not only have I been bruised-which I realize is more so from being injected, but I have been super sore, bloated & swollen, and tired.

Along my injections sites have been super tender.  I have to be mindful of where my pants sit, because if the pressure is along my sites, I am in complete discomfort. I made the mistake of putting on a belt shortly after Nic had given me my injections for the day, and boy did I pay for it.  I was MISERABLE! I have resorted to wearing scrubs, yoga pants, or sweat pants whenever possible.  COMFORT has been my key word of the day for the last week. Not only is it sore along my injection sites, but just my stomach in general. I told Nic the other day that it feels like my stomach is being pushed out and then stretched vertically.  No bueno.  I also have to be careful going over speed bumps. I made the mistake of not slowing down enough to go over a speed bump and it hurt so bad I had to laugh.  It hurt my stomach, my injection sites (which are in my stomach) and my boobs.

Yes, my boobs.  Another blessing and curse that we as women have been given.  I could always tell when my cycle was getting ready to start because my boobs would get a little tender, but this is a complete different ball game.  I stand up-they hurt.  I sit down-they hurt.  They hurt when I sleep on my side and they make me want to scream bloody murder when G decides to jump knees first into them.  Truth be told, if I could go bra-less, I totally would. 

Another thing, I'm super tired!  All I want to do is just sleep.  Thursdays-Saturdays are my busy days at work.  The first day I started Fostimon and Merional was a Thursday and that was a TOUGH day to get through.  I started out at my office with two appointments and then two more at the spa.  I was super tired by the time I got to the spa.  All I wanted to do was a take a nap!  Usually I can do five to six massages a day and still feel good, but now after two, sometimes just one, I am beat!  I put G down for a nap, I take a nap.  When I come home from work, I want to take a nap.  Often times if I sit down on the couch, I doze off; as soon as my head hits the pillow for the night I am out!

Nic has been a trooper and stepping up and helping (even more than he did before).  I am so lucky to have him as my other half.  Not only is he a great daddy, but he's a wonderful hubby as well.  G and I are so lucky to have him be a part of our lives.

Soon enough I'll be off the meds only to have my body become bloated and swelling for other reasons. Oh the joys of trying to be fertile :)

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also . Elawoman

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...