Thursday, August 30, 2012

Round 2

Yes, this is a picture of my fat roll while Nic gives me one of my injections. Pardon the excess of skin (and groceries on the floor).
Today I started round two of my injections: Fostimon and Merional and Jana was right-I can definitely feel these injections more.  Ouch!

We didn't think I would be able to start this round of injections because good ol' mother nature hadn't come to visit me, but they checked my estradiol and we were given the all clear to go ahead and start.  Nic gets to play mad scientist with this round of meds, as he is having to measure and mix a lot of different medications. I tried not to hover the first day, but it was really hard not too.  I knew he would get it right, but the worrier in me wanted to be sure; especially since we decided to not have our second injection class, as Jana went over this procedure and dosage at our first class.





For the most part, I feel I've been doing good with the meds.  I do have bouts of dizziness and nausea, so I just have to make sure I have something in my stomach-which means I'm eating about every two hours.  I try to make whatever I eat healthy, but sometimes it's really hard when your body is craving salt (sunflower seeds) or sugar (soda or cookies).  The other day I had a craving for a BLT with avocado, but my favorite restaurant next to the spa was closed-bummer :(. But on the flipside, if I eat something that I thought I wanted, and it doesn't sit right with me-I get sick too (today it was a grilled cheese sandwich). I guess kudos to me because I've lost 5 pounds since I've started the meds, though not the way I would have liked. . .haha. I did one have bad episode with the Lupron last week and it was horrible!

They call it "loopy Lupron" for a reason, because let me tell you I was a total mess, my emotions and thoughts were all over the place.  I spent a good portion of the day just crying.  And it wasn't just small little tears, but the big blubbery crying tears.  I would be sweeping and just start crying.  Doing laundry and I would cry.  Feeding G and I would cry.  That time I felt really bad for crying, which made me cry even more.  Luckily, my sweet little girl took a look at her mommy and came over and gave me a hug.  So tender.  When Nic came home from work, I told him that I just needed to take a break.  Took a hot shower (and yes, I cried some more) and then took a nap.  After my nap, I felt a little more rejuvenated just really drained.


Going through this process of things has been filled with ups and downs.  Luckily, Nic tries to be as understanding as possible.  I know it's hard for him to see my emotions all over the place, but he does whatever he can to make sure I'm okay.  He takes such good care of me that sometimes I need to remember he has needs too.  I'm not the only one going through the IVF.  Yes, I'm getting all the procedures done, but it's an emotional journey as well.  And Nic is there every step of the way.

Next week will be filled with blood tests and ultrasounds (practically every day) to make sure my body is ready for my first procedure-egg retrieval.  Wow!  It will be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...