Friday, August 17, 2012

My life for the next 3 1/2 weeks



Do you see all that?  That's a lot of drugs.  For the next three and a half weeks this will be my life. . .well, and Nic's life too as he will be giving me the injections.

Today we returned to ICRM for our injection class.  Jana walked us through the steps in giving me my Lupron shot.  Nic was very eager and just wanted to keep touching everything.  It was almost like a kid in a candy store. . .haha!  Once the syringe was filled, Jana told Nic that he would have to give me the injection in my stomach.  I had just barely pulled up shirt and Nic about jumped out of his seat ready to poke me.  I had to tell him "Babe, wait! Wait, wait wait! Okay, just give me a second. . ." I pause, take a deep breath and start whispering to myself "I trust you. . .I trust you."  Yes, I trust my husband-trust him with my life, but when you're used to dr's, nurses, NP's and whoever else poking you with needles you really have to wrap your head around the fact that your HUSBAND will be poking you instead.

"You ready babe?"
"I trust you. I trust you."
"Okay."  Pinches my stomach and inserts the needle.

It really wasn't that bad.  Jana said because it's such a low dose of the Lupron (10 units) I would hardly feel anything, but when I start taking the Fostimon and Merional those are higher dosages (3 and 1 vials) and I'll be able to feel them more-awesome!  I felt really good today until this evening, my stomach is a little sore.  In two weeks I'll start taking the Fostimon and Merional injections (in addition to the Lupron). I will also continue the oral medications as well (prenatal vitamins, birth control, baby aspirin, and doxy).  My body is just going to be it's only little pharm party.

ICRM gave us a calendar outlining when I start and stop certain meds, but I'm more of a checklist type of gal, so I made my own little checklist.  Nerd, I know. . .or just like to make things a little difficult (as my massage instructor would say).  But, I feel more organized, and let's admit-a little more in control, with my checklist. 


ICRM's calendar on top and my wonderful checklist on the bottom 

I can't believe that in a short weeks we will be taking major steps in our lives to grow our family.  Wow!

3 comments:

  1. You are the Woman. You're in my prayers and I will check up on you daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not know each other personally. I know Erin (who I told about the open house and then shared on her facebook page with you) and I am also in Shandy's ward.

    I just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you. I went to the open house hoping to win the 50% off. I didn't, obviously. We just returned to ICRM (we conceived after 5 1/2 years there with them and have a handsome 2 year old son, did IVF, FET, and a last chance IUI (which worked)) and I was pretty down about not winning. By chance, somehow I found your blog. It was amazing to me to read your story, and why IVF and winning this was so important to you. It really softened my heart and reminded me that the Lord knows what he is doing.
    Know that even those who you do not know personally are praying for you.
    This is a scripture that has gotten me through all of our trying to conceive journeys. Hopefully it will be of comfort to you.

    Alma 26:27
    Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go (insert your trial here)... and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also- you are better than me. I didn't trust my husband and did my own shots. LOL!
    When I HAD to let him do the ones that had to be in the butt for FET, he got this evil grin on his face (and it was a LARGE needle)and I did the exact same thing..."I trust you...."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...