Sunday, April 21, 2013

NIAW: National Infertility Awareness Week

I can't believe it has been one year since "National Infertility Awareness Week" changed our lives.  And it all started with a simple Facebook post from a friend.  It's hard to believe that one year ago, this Thursday, we were sitting at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine and we received the most unexpected gift.  We told very few people that we were going to ICRM in hopes of winning their grand prize-I think because we didn't want to them to help us in getting our hopes up. . .haha.  After the meeting at ICRM, I remember calling my mom and telling her about our evening at ICRM and just repeating, between sobs, "We won mom. We won."  Even now, thinking about that short conversation with my mom, it brings tears to my eyes.

This year for NIAW I'm committing myself to blog every day in sharing our story. From the decision to start our family to becoming my own advocate with my previous OB-GYN to finding hope along our journey and everything in between. Each step in our journey was met with confusion, frustration, heartache and peace.  But you know, even through the hard times, I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything.  It brought my husband and I closer together and it helped us begin and grow our family.

If you know someone who is suffering from infertility, take time this week to let them know that you care and support them. Take time to listen to their story.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting know about this national infertility awareness programme. Did a great job. Should like to spread such kind of awareness so will share this with my Groups. Keep sharing.

    IVF Treatment Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is In Vitro Fertilization may seem unenchanting, however its study is a necessity for anyone wishing to intellectually advance beyond their childhood. Remarkably What is In Vitro Fertilization is heralded by shopkeepers and investment bankers alike, leading many to state that several of today’s most brilliant minds seem incapable of recognizing its increasing relevance to understanding future generations. The juxtapositioning of What is In Vitro Fertilization with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from those politically minded individuals living in the past, who are yet to grow accustomed to its discombobulating nature.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...