Saturday, June 30, 2012

On to the next step

When we met with Dr. Slater earlier this month, I was told to start taking birth control, to start getting my body "on schedule" for IVF.  I was also given a "to-do" list for July, here it is:

1) Call Janna (Plan of Care coordinator) Cycle Day 1 (CD1), or if no menses by July 3rd.
2) Restart birth control CD3.
3) Blood draw for infectious disease by mid July.
4) H2O ultrasound end of July.
5) Plan of care with Janna.

Well, my cycle is getting ready to start (TMI? Probably, but I warned you about that).  Usually Nic and I celebrate my cycle starting ("Yay!  My body is working like it should!!"), but I told him this time it's weird.  Yes, we are excited that I am getting ready to start my cycle, but for the first time (in a LONG while) it was assisted to start AND I will have to be calling another person to report that my menses has started.  Weird.  

By calling ICRM and speaking with Janna, it's really starting to make things real.  I think I'm starting to get a little nervous now, even a little scared.  This next month I'm going to have a lot more interaction with ICRM. Then August.  Then BAM!  September will be here.  I can't believe it.  

Somebody pinch me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...